2016 was our 65th anniversary!! However, we are not slowing down a bit. The Fort Myers Beach Art Association was incorporated in 1951. Over 65 years later, we continue to be an all-volunteer member operated, not-for-profit art association. We are an easy-going, fun-loving and art-loving bunch of down-to-earth friendly folks. Our working gallery is a place to go where everyone knows your name or soon will!
FMBAA Student Scholarship Program
Each year, FMBAA works with local high schools to encourage students to enter the Student Scholarship Show in April. Over $3000 is distributed to winners and runners-up if they pursue art education in college.
The annual Student Scholarships and Awards are supported financially by proceeds from:
- Directed Donations
- Santini Plaza Art Bazaar
- Special fundraising events at the gallery
2017 Student scholarship Show winners
FMBAA Student Scholarship "Paint Around" Fundraiser
Like last year, in 2017, we are having a 'Paint Around' fundraising party. This year the art medium will be oil and we have 4 accomplished artists collaborating on 4 separate works of art. The Fundraising party will have hors d'oeuvres, raffles, silent auction, a cash donation beverage bar and ultimately, the newly created works of art will be framed and auctioned.
Online Ticketing is closed.
Any remaining tickets must be purchased at the Gallery. Please call the Gallery (239) 463-3909 for more info.
Oil painters from left: Neil Walling, Michele Barron Buelow,
Lisa Grinter and Tracy Owen Cullimore
Our Working Art Gallery
A working art gallery is where member artists go to create, teach, learn and share their art. On the walls hang the finished paintings as part of a judged show or an exhibition.
Throughout the year, the gallery is home to:
In 1951, meetings, art shows and fund raising events were held in a chickee hut built by the members. The Art Association had two more temporary homes, and then, in 1965, land was purchased mid-island, on Donora Street.
Ground breaking ceremonies were held on February 22, 1968, and President Mira Sackrison used her “golden spade” to symbolize the beginning of the first cultural center on the Beach. The skylights and storage room were added in 1978. In 1984, the building was improved by providing a ramp and an altered restroom to make an art experience available to people in walkers and wheelchairs. This project also provided a second gallery.